ColdFusion CFC Problem Solved

on

In my last post, I was ranting about a frustrating situation with CFC’s on shared hosting over at HostMySite. Several months ago, I installed a rather cool CFC that only had a life span of three days – it worked fine – then all of a sudden – it stopped working.

A few weeks ago the same scenario took place – I installed a component on another one of my CF sites. It ran fine for three weeks and the all of a sudden – it stopped working.

After many hours of confusion with the guys over at HostMySite, it turns out that occasionally during server resets the security permissions are changed. I really don’t know whether there’s someone to blame for it, but at least I know the why of it if not the how.

So, if you have a CF site on shared hosting over at HMS and find your CFC’s stop working and your pretty certain that they should be, make sure to take a look at the security settings – That’s it.

The following two tabs change content below.
Edward J. Beckett is a passionate software engineer, web developer, server administrator and polyglot programmer with nearly a decade experience building desktop and web applications ranging from simple personal web sites to enterprise level applications on many technology stacks including Java, Java EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Hibernate, SQL, JPA, JMS, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ColdFusion, PHP, Node.js and more...